The fees for financial advice relating to pension transfers will vary. Often it will depend on the complexity of the case, and whether it is a final salary or defined contribution scheme, and whether there is more than one scheme. Advice relating to final salary schemes is complex and will usually involve an upfront fee for the advice.
- Some useful questions to ask your adviser before proceeding are:
- What the fees and charges are – broken down for each aspect. Ask for complete transparency
- When will you be expected to pay?
- Will this be an upfront fee or an on-going fee? Or will you be charged after the transfer has taken place?
- If there’s a fee for an initial consultation –